Monday, April 2, 2012

Drzewo Ludzi April 1980



TREE OF PEOPLE



There are so many thoughts to refer and elements to describe and I would like to discuss, concerning  the 'Tree of People'. I will write down my own experiences attempting  the two Tree of People projects and I will list material, documentary and conversations from this project, that had make the first appearance at 1979. I was following the project one year after April 1980. The workshop  I was invited to participate, was after that and part of the project. 

The poster of Tree of People. I have to say so many about it.   When I sawv it  I wanted so much to have it  and when I went back to Athens I took it with me. I keep it until now and it is one of my precious theatre objects.

The 'Tree of People' was my first contact with the wotk of Grotowski. It was also  my first trip to Poland.
   
About my arrival  to  the laboratory is a very strong memory and I will talk about it later as  it needs  a special chapter.The second strong  impulse  was the introduction of the project. A strange introduction at that time for me.   If as I was entered in a theatre in which the performance  was our possibilities to understand  a  new way of communication, the stage a building  and actors all these young people from  all the world that  we were coming  to share, to learn, to see to unfderstand, to explore to  satisfyte our  curiosity.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    in spring 1980 I was invited to take part in "Tree of People" in Wroclaw, although I was not an actor - I came from East Germany and was very impressed by this kind of "sensitivity training" (12 hours at night). Do you have some photos from this or other meetings? Please answer, if you can: herbert.ulrich@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete